2 January 2015

Wrapping Up 2014- The Strengthening!

This day that year, I was anxiously waiting for my CAT results. With no such colorful plans, my new year 2014 started on a dull note. Subsequently my CAT results were unexpectedly bad! The first two months of the year were one of the most unpleasant phases of my life. But then God had some different plans for me.

The first good thing that happened to me was Blogging. Inspired by Anirban Da’s blog, I started blogging. Though I was a skeptic to begin with but it turned out to be a great experience.  Penning my thoughts about anything and everything was the best thing I could do during the time.
The next thing started to build when one day I called Anirban da. We started knowing each other well and one fine day he proposed the plan of setting up Kolkata Bloggers- a dedicated community for the bloggers from Kolkata. Yes the logo you see at the top? It’s us!  My first eventful blogger’s meet was the Aviva Blogger’s Meet, where we first introduced Kolkata Bloggers and met some amazingly nice people. Not mentioning Sourav Da would be a crime! We organized many events ranging from small meetups and workshops to covering Tollywood films, meeting Derek O Brien to name a few.  

Aviva Blogger's Meet
Baari Tar Bangla Blogger's Engagement Program

Brainstorming with Derek O' Brien  

March is my favorite month, the reason being very obvious- my birthday. My all-time close friends (Debobroto, Sayan, Anindyo, Debottam and Sayantan) had come over to my place. My roomies (Anupam and Koushik) and they had brought me this awesomely wonderful and tasty cake.  

The gift they had given me is not worth sharing here publicly. These late night parties will always make me laugh anywhere anytime as I recall them!

I always have had a love for travelling, travelling alone or with a friend specifically. That too happened in June 2014. Again it was Anirban Da. We had planned a tour to Murshidabad.  It was a successful two day trip. The best part about it was, those two days were absolutely easy going and unprejudiced. It had enhanced my love for travelling even further. 
Murshidabad

Now it was time for me to step into a new world- My postgraduate college, IISWBM. It was the fourth good thing that happened to me during the year. It gave me a whole new dimension to life. To be very honest, this is, till now the best academic phase of my life. This life has been just a semester old, but I already have timeless memories to hold dear.  Some amazing people (Abhishek a.k.a Mohanty, Debayan, Deetipriya, Avisikta, Kankana, Moumita, Ayan and Siddharth) have become my friends. Such talent pools yet so humble people are a rare find. This group makes me realize that age is just a number. It just takes understanding, compassion and sometimes alcohol to make real good friends. 
Clockwise- Abhisehk, Deetipriya, Me, Debayan, Avisikta, Kankana, Siddharth, Moumita, Ayan


Durga Puja 2k14

Now, when I connect the dots, I find myself in a very safe and gratifying place.Not just these, but there are many more instances that added to my joy and sorrow during the year. But 2014 has done more good to me than bad. It is already 2015 when I am posting this, so I wish my readers a very Happy 2015. 

Keep sharing love!  

4 comments:

  1. I Like the Title... "The Strengthening" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the precise weblog for anybody UN agency must search out out concerning this subject. You notice such a lot its nearly arduous to argue with you. You completely place a spanking new spin on a topic that is been written concerning for years. Nice stuff, merely nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the precise weblog for anybody UN agency must search out out concerning this subject. You notice such a lot its nearly arduous to argue with you. You completely place a spanking new spin on a topic that is been written concerning for years. Nice stuff, merely nice!

    ReplyDelete

  • Blogger news

  • Pages